Everyone knows that worry, tension, and fear are unhealthy emotions. They can decrease our most important health system—our immune system. But during this extraordinary time, how do you prevent these toxic emotions?
Here are 10 suggestions for ridding yourself of them:
1. Stop exposing yourself to negative news reports whether on television or social media.
2. Keep a regular schedule so that you will be busy doing something useful.
3. Keep in touch with friends and family and be a ray of sunshine for them.
5. Every morning as you rise for the day, spend a few moments practicing gratitude for all the wonderful things in your life. Even if it is just that you woke up healthy, that is something for which you can truly be grateful.
6. Fight not to get in the habit of catastrophizing or dwelling on what could happen. Instead, look at what is happening just in this moment.
7. Read or watch things that are funny or uplifting.
8. Get outside in the sunlight and eat as healthy as possible.
9. Exercise. Dancing is a great exercise to help you feel better.
10. Pamper yourself.
You can use this time to become a better person for yourself and others or you can use this time to worry and feel helpless. Whether this occasion helps you to grow and succeed so that in the future your life is greatly improved is completely up to you. You are the creator of your happiness. No one and nothing else can control this. You have plenty of time right now to learn, to share, and to grow. Use it well.